Rhine Falls, Switzerland

November 12, 2007

Intermountain Medical Center



Two weeks ago the hospital that I worked at closed its doors and we moved to a brand new hospital. There are a lot of changes involved with this move. We have had to merge our staff with another hospital's staff, new management, new schedule and senority, not to mention all the little things that just aren't the same. Change can be a good thing but I am having a hard time adjusting. Each shift seems to be slightly better than the last but it still isn't great. I love being a nurse but right now I dread going to work. This is a picture of the building I work in, it has 15 stories and the ER is on the lower level. There are 5 different buildings, each with their own specialty, such as the women's center, heart and lung, cancer center, etc.

Hopefully things will improve quickly and I will be happy to go to work again.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

At least you made the transition, but if you still can't stand it then get out! You don't owe them anything and if you're miserable then you owe it to yourself to find something better.

PAULA said...

I am going to wait a little longer and see if it gets better. Riverton is looking better and better every day! Plus it is 5 minutes from my house.

Stephanie said...

Cute family picture! I can't believe how tall Colton is! We are excited to see you guys at Thanksgiving too. See ya soon!