Rhine Falls, Switzerland

July 06, 2008

Independence Day

Grandma and Grandpa were still here on the 4th. They watched the fireworks from our yard, we had plenty of people in our neighborhood with illegal fireworks. I went to work at 7pm and was pretty bummed out about it. Then when I got to work realized I would be in triage all night. I was almost convinced it could be a good thing because we were right across the street from Murray Park where there was a big fireworks show. No such luck, we were even busier when the fireworks started. Shouldn't people have taken a break from going to the ER during the fireworks show? You would think so!! I think I saw about 4 out the window.

We actually had our fireworks show on the 5th. We got together with our neighbors, the Cederholms and the Pedersons and lit off our fireworks. We didn't have any illegal ones though, nothing that explodes in the air. In Utah it is legal to light fireworks 3 days before the holiday and 3 days after. We still have some left and on the 24th of July (Pioneer Day - an actual paid holiday here) we will light the rest.



Corey, Cody, Erika, Preston, Tyler and Shelbi







1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun! I don't have your email send me an email and I'll send you and invite. tswestover at yahoo