Rhine Falls, Switzerland

August 27, 2008

Canning Dill Pickles

There hasn't been much to post this month. Colton and Corey just started school this past Monday. Colton is in 10th grade and just started at Riverton High School. I think I already mentioned they have over 3,000 kids enrolled for 10-12 grades. Crazy, but he likes it so far and promises he will be getting good grades this year.

Corey just started middle school at South Hills Middle School, she really loves it. She is taking Algebra in 7th grade and very proud of that fact too.

Erika started 3rd grade on July 25th and is already out on break for 3 weeks. It will be hard having one in year round and the other two in traditional school.

Two years ago my cousin Susie taught Courtnie and I how to make dill pickles. We got roped into having a little class on it yesterday at my house. We made 35 quarts yesterday and another 21 quarts today. That's a lot of pickles, obviously not all of them are in the pictures. Erika and Shelbi helped us the most by washing and cutting cucumbers.




5 comments:

Corri Havlicek said...

WOW, have a pickle! They look yummy. Virginia and I just did peaches this morning. What a job!

Jackie said...

WOW!! You're set for a while. Being aunt susie's recipe (im guessing thats what you used) I could eat a jar a day! I love her pickles! They look so good it makes my mouth water just looking at them! YUM!

busymama said...

mmmmmmm! Glad the kids are liking school - they are all such cute kids!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That looks like alot of pickles. We did that many for our family of 16. I was just sitting here wondering how the pickle party went. Looks as if it went well. Please save some for my next visit. Granpa Carl would love to taste a few too!! Granma Diane

Anonymous said...

I love being able to catch up with you by reading your blog! The kids sure are growing and it looks like you're doing well. I'm glad for that! Take care of yourself and know that you're often in my thoughts.