Rhine Falls, Switzerland

November 15, 2008

The new Burch baby

What am I thinking??? We did not need another dog!

Our neighbor Debbie works at South Salt Lake animal shelter and she was going to bring a microchip home for Rico. Corey decided to go with her to pick it up and help her feed the animals on the weekend. That's all there was to it!

I said "NO, No more pets!" So we took Rico to the shelter and checked her out anyway. Corey was right - she was a great dog. Debbie let us bring her home to try her out overnight. Things were actually fine. Rico had to put her in her place a few times but now they are great friends. I think he's actually happier having someone to play with. She fits in great and she is so sweet, she loves to snuggle and thinks she's a lap dog!

We finally all agreed on the name Izzy and she's learning to come to it, she's about 6 months old.


Erika and Izzy


Corey, Paula and Izzy


Colton and Izzy


Rico and Izzy playing


They only look ferocious!!


Buddies

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! They do look happy together. (well, minus the fangs and all)

Jackie said...

She is too cute!!! I love her floppy looking ears.

Stephanie said...

She is cute! I think dogs like having someone to play with. They look like good buddies and I'm sure they wear each other out!

Barker said...

Cute! New puppies are fun, Izzy is great name!

Matt and Heather said...

Paula I cant believe how old the kids are now! The girls are beautiful and Colton looks so grown up. Its unbeleivable.
I'm so jealous of the trips you've all been on. How fun for the kids to get to see all those things. Thats awesome.
Your puppies are so cute too :)how fun
Hope your all doing well. and I hope you had a Merry Christmas!!
-Heather