Rhine Falls, Switzerland

April 12, 2008

Homemade Salsa

Roasting the chili
The peeled chili peppers



The salsa!!
This is kind of random but I thought the chili looked so nice while they were roasting and even better after I peeled them. So, Courtnie asked me to help her make salsa this week. Her daughter was sick on the day we had planned to make it, so I did all the roasting and peeling before she even got home from the doctor. It made her feel bad but it wasn't a big deal.

I am not a great cook at all but thanks to my great friend Judy, I can make really good salsa. I just have to tone it down for my neighbors here. If I made it as hot as I liked it, I would be the only person eating it!
Judy and Frank and their sons, lived across the street from us when we lived in Phoenix. She taught me so much about being a mom and a wife. We were so lucky to have their family there for us. We miss them, I wish they still lived across the street.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yummy, you'll have to share the recipe!

Corri Havlicek said...

OOOH YUM! I wanna try the hot stuff! Post your recipe, if you want to share it!