Rhine Falls, Switzerland

March 25, 2009

Doggie Daycare

I doubt anyone is even checking my blog now because I have been such a slacker. Anyway, this post is just really silly but the pictures are so funny, I had to share. The pictures are taken with my cell phone so again, not the best!

We are getting ready to go on a quick trip and I have been worrying about what to do with the dogs. I didn't want to ask anyone to watch 2 good sized dogs. So, I have been doing a lot of reading and researching online to find a place for them to go. I had decided on calling one of the places, then a guy at my work was looking at a doggie cam online. It just so happens that was the one that I was going to check out. There are many places that won't even consider taking a pitbull mix.

So, there is a 4 page application to fill out, shot records, county tags, everything you could imagine, including an emergency "mom"! Then, they were to come in for a 15 minute "interview", if they passed that they were required to stay at least 6 hours. After they passed that they would let me know if they would be willing to keep them for boarding. Quite a process but I was actually very impressed and not really concerned about leaving the dogs there.

It took them 10 minutes and they were playing with all their new friends. They didn't have any problems and the owners said they were wonderful! (Which I already knew) It took Rico less than 2 minutes to fall asleep when he got into the car.


Notice the lip on the door but the smile on his face! Yes, he smiles when he's happy!


He was fine sleeping like he was but Erika had to wake him up. It took her a while, he was completely worn out.


Trying to get comfortable again.


His foot stuck in the seatbelt and he didn't even care!

4 comments:

Matt and Heather said...

Those pictures are so funny.
We need to start boarding our dogs when we go out of town...our poor relatives always get stuck with them, or we take them with us (which i'd rather not most of the time). I'm glad you found a good place for yours!

Corri Havlicek said...

So, where are you going for your quick trip?

PAULA said...

I can't believe that no one believes me when I say I'm taking a quick trip!! We are going to Hawaii. It wasn't planned but it was such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up!! We are leaving 1 week from today. Scary!!

Corri Havlicek said...

Oh, how fun! I can't wait to see your pictures!