Rhine Falls, Switzerland

May 07, 2008

The Great Salt Lake

Hillary kindly reminded me that I needed to post an update so here it is.

The kids are off track now so Courtnie and I were trying to think of some new things we could do that might be fun for them and get us out of the house.

So, you are asking yourself, Why would they want to go to the Great Salt Lake?? I've heard that question a lot this week! Well, WHY NOT?? If you can get past the salt, bugs and sulfur smell it isn't so bad. First we went to the marina. There is a little look out that they must have built for the Olympics. We climbed down the rocks to the water, which was somewhat comical in flip flops.

Then we drove a little farther down and started walking trying to make it to the water to play for a little while, it was quite a walk! There was no way to get through the mud but straight through it. The water wasn't deep and the kids had a great time running and splashing.



The marina


Erika


Touching the water


All the kids on the lookout (Courtnie babysits so we had an extra boy today)


Seagull in flight


Antelope Island in the distance


Keaton climbing on the rocks


Preston


Courtnie


Shelbi and Corey - notice the ankle deep mud


Playing in the water


Girls running and splashing


Keaton running in the water

We have another outing planned for tomorrow, weather permitting, so check back soon!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I guess I need to go there more. I haven't been there since I was little. Sad, I know... especially since it's always been within minutes of my house. Thanks for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

Erika....cool shoes,

Corri Havlicek said...

PAULA! Look at those beautiful mountains in the background! Oh my goodness, I miss that! You will too if you ever leave UT.