Rhine Falls, Switzerland

October 10, 2008

Germany September 2008

We got on the bus AGAIN (it was getting old already) and headed to Germany. Cologne was the first place we stopped and got to do some sight seeing. There is a Hard Rock Cafe there and we did make it in plenty of time. We got some pizza while we were walking. It was kind of strange, it had corn on it!

Next was a cruise on the Rhine River for about an hour. We saw most of these castles while we were on the boat. Today was the only day it rained our whole trip though. It was cold and we were on top of the boat so we could get good pictures. Even the sweatshirts weren't enough.

We made it to Heidelberg to stay the night there. We took a tour around town and saw the famous Heidelberg castle. Much of the castle has been destroyed but they are working on it. They served us sauerkraut for dinner, I remember now why I don't like it!

Appearently there is a "fake" hard rock in Heidelberg, I didn't check on those so I didn't know it was there! We didn't go to it.


Cathedral in Cologne, Germany





Colton wanted to buy a scarf for snowboarding, we'll see if he really uses it!










I thought this was an interesting way to tow a vehicle.


Heidelberg Castle

The next morning we drove through the Black Forest and stopped at a cuckoo clock store. Erika was disappointed that I wouldn't buy one. We just didn't have room and where would I put it when we got home?






Black Forest

1 comment:

busymama said...

What an amazing trip!! I love the pics of the castles (oh and the scarf:))!