Rhine Falls, Switzerland

October 02, 2008

London

We are finally back from our long vacation. I think I will just break these posts into countries or cities because we saw so many things and went so many places. It may take me a while to get them all done. We took a 10 day land tour and then stayed 2 extra nights in Paris. The kids were given educational leave and we had a blast. Steven Toledo went with us for a little security, it gave me some peace of mind.

We stayed 2 nights in London. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe (of course)! The first day was rough trying to adjust to the time difference, so we didn't get a whole lot done that day. The bad part is that a lot of the pictures were taken from the bus and didn't turn out too great. I will post some of the better pictures though.


Windsor Castle, the Queen's quarters are behind us.


Looking out from Windsor Castle


I just thought this was funny, it was high up on the post so you could reach it when you were on horse back.


Erika in the classic telephone booth picture


Changing of the Guards


There were police officers at the gate where the guards were going to come out and they were keeping people off of that side of the street. This officer held hands with a little old lady all the way down the street. It was so cute!


Erika not getting too close!


St. Paul's Cathedral

3 comments:

Corri Havlicek said...

WHAT!? You went to LONDON! I am beyond jealous. How fun for all of you. I wish I could see ALL your pictures and hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I am totally jealous, too. You know, I am a tough person--I could have been your body guard, no problem! :-)

Glad you all had a great time.

So what is the Hard Rock count now?

PAULA said...

Yes, I should have asked you! I'm not sure Isaac would have been ok with that though! :)
Since I got the pin card, officially 15 cafes since last July. Not counting, 3 in Hawaii, Grand Cayman and Bahamas. Guess I'll just have to go back huh?